Are you an aspiring data professional with one year of experience, eager to dive into the entire data cycle - from data storage to model development and deployment? Explore our junior program, designed specifically for early-career data professionals
Please note that for this position, candidates must have the legal right to work in the Netherlands and they must speak fluent Dutch.
Introducing the Data & ML Engineering Program
You've likely studied for years, completed internships, and landed your first job. But you may still feel gaps in your knowledge, particularly in cloud experience, model productionization, or general business skills, which could hinder your growth as a data professional .
Xomnia's Program bridges this gap by teaching the most effective tools and cutting-edge techniques to tackle diverse data challenges. As a consultant at Xomnia, you'll make an impact with clients like Adidas, ProRail, Alliander, and Gemeente Amsterdam, while receiving guidance from our senior technical team to achieve your personal and professional development goals. You'll be supported in overcoming daily work challenges!
In this one-year program, you'll work on a data engineering project that will lay a strong foundation for your consulting career. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to join either the Data Engineering or the Machine Learning Engineer teams from the start.
Details about the program
You will work 36 hours a week (Monday through Thursday) on client projects. On Friday mornings, you'll come to Xomnia's HQ in Amsterdam and spend 4 hours training with your cohort on the following topics:
- Essentials: Software Engineering, Security, Unit Tests and Test-Driven Development for Data Products.
- Data Engineering: Docker, APIs, CI/CD, Container Orchestration (Kubernetes), Data Pipelines, Big Data Architectures, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Kafka, NoSQL with Cassandra, Druid, MongoDB.
- Data Science / MLE: Intro to ML, Data Visualization, Data Science Impact and Bias, MLOps, Spark.
- Business: Communication, Effective Storytelling, Business Impact with Data, Dash boarding.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Big Data Engineering, or Artificial Intelligence; knowledge of mathematics and statistics is a plus, but not mandatory if you are considering becoming a Data Engineer
- Relevant experience as a data engineer or machine learning engineer, preferably in projects like creating data pipelines or production-ready models
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, Git, command line, Docker, and API frameworks
- Fluency in English and Dutch
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Curious, proactive, and ready for a challenge!
Why should you apply?
- Join a community of over 70 technical professionals and thought leaders passionate about data and AI
- Gain insights from 50+ in-depth knowledge-sharing sessions on Friday afternoons
- Benefit from Xomnia's experience in training 100+ successful program alumni
- Be part of an industry leader with a deep understanding of the AI market
- Contribute to society through the FruitPunch challenge (AI for Good)
- Learn and grow in a supportive environment with ample guidance
We are Xomnia, the AI consulting company. We’re curious problem-solvers who believe data will change the way we live, work, and communicate. Being at the forefront of this revolutionary change in a sustainable, positive way is what drives us.
We solve challenging data science and engineering projects, from start to finish. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform, to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Microsoft Azure environment - we develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions.
Xomnia started in 2013 in one room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days we take up nearly two houses and it still feels like home. Like any family, we all feel comfortable just being ourselves.